Thursday, April 2, 2009

Funny story from Modern Greek

So, I am going to tell a story on myself from today. We had a modern Greek test. I got done in about 15-20 minutes and went up to hand the prof my test. She gave me a look that said, you can't be done. I watched her face as she looked through my test nodding with the look that says "ok". At one point she makes the "you fell for it face" and hands it back to me explaining that there was a trap on the test. At one point we were to change everything in a sentence to plural. It said, a big juice of orange, so I changed it to big juices of oranges. She says orange should not be made plural. So I fixed that and handed it to her. She looked at it, and handed it back to me again shaking her head. So, I changed big and juices back to singular. She looked at it and handed it back to me again saying "don't get up until you figure it out". I just stared at it until finally she points out it is accusative. I had been making it nominative. So, the 4th time I turned it in, she nodded and kept it. Such are the perils of turning in my test first, because everybody else had the benefit of my mistake, so they did not make that mistake. By the end, I was bright red and giggling from embarassment, but at least I had the answer correct!! Now I just have to decide if on the next test we take I will wait until somebody else has turned it in first (spare myself the embarassment).

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi melissa...this is kate...we just read some of your blogs as random break from labbing. however, this is awhile ago, so you should post again so we know you are alive across the pond. also. i don't know if this comment thing will work since i don't have a thingamajig.

    ReplyDelete